TOPIC: Dealing With Foundational Altars (Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries Sunday, 10 June 2018)
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Judges 6:24-27
MEMORY VERSE: “And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.” – Genesis 12:7
Many people come from a background of primitive idolatry like the case of Gideon in our Fire Scripture today. Sadly too, our forefathers serve and worshipped idols, particularly in Africa. There is no way anyone can serve and worship without raising an altar. Idols are possessive and demand worship just like the Holy God demands worship. They ensure that those who worship them erect altars where libations are poured and materials of sacrifice are offered. Adherents physically demonstrate their allegiance, concentration and commitment to the idols. Unfortunately, our forefathers who served and worshipped idols did not really know about the overpowering influence of the altars. Thus, as far as they were concerned, family idol altar is just a place where contact can be made with their ancestors and communal idols. Little did they know that by erecting altars, they were laying foundation of destiny failure for future generations in disguise. Unconsciously, they have built a foundation upon which many of us have continued to live our lives. This has led to strong foundational problems like yokes, poverty, affliction, hardship, failure in marriage, academic and business stagnancy, backwardness and various mysterious life battles. No matter how glorious your destiny is, if it is built on the platform of evil foundational altars, you cannot go very far in life’s endeavours. Altars are so powerful that a single one can affect the lives and destiny of unborn children. The powers behind demonic altars are only interested in capturing and destroying destinies. These demonic powers use altars as bridges between their evil intention and the destinies of their victims.
Now, how do we deal with the ancient altars raised by our ancestors? It should be exactly the same way Gideon dealt with it in Judges 6:11-32.
1. Genuine encounter with Christ through sound repentance and salvation.
2. Living daily a holy life in all circumstances.
3. You must raise a divine altar unto the Lord through regular quiet time, deep personal Bible reading, studying and meditation.
4. Involve YOURSELF in faithful service in the House of God (i.e. House fellowship and church services)
5. Engage yourself in personal or and group soul winning.
6. Submit yourself for foundational deliverance.
7. Thirst and hunger earnestly for the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
8. Fear God and keep His commandments.
I pray God will help and see you through, in the name of Jesus.
You cannot build a lasting and enduring destiny on a bad foundation.
Every evil altar opposing your destiny shall catch fire and burn to ashes.
1. Every faulty foundation built by my ancestors, break down, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every idol altar in the foundation of my life, catch fire and burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
3. My foundation receive fire, become fire and possesses fire, in the name of Jesus.
4. I cut down and destroy totally, the idol altars of my father’s house by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every satanic agent in my foundation, die, in the name of Jesus.
6. All my trapped blessings by the evil altars of my father’s house, be released unto me now by fire and by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
7. I pledge my absolute allegiance to Jesus Christ my LORD and SAVIOUR, in the name of Jesus.
If you missed yesterday devotional, please click to read MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional HERE
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, 07026385437 OR 08141320204.